Poinsett County schools offering flu vaccine clinics | Health
School districts statewide and across Your Region 8 are teaming up with the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) to fight the flu.
Starting this week, they’ll be offering seasonal flu vaccines to children in grades K-12.
In Poinsett County, the vaccines will be administered on the following dates at these schools:
- East Poinsett Co. School District: Lepanto Elementary on Oct. 15
- East Poinsett Co. School District: Tyronza Elementary on Oct. 15
- Harrisburg School District: Harrisburg Elementary School on Nov. 4
- Harrisburg School District: Harrisburg Middle School on Nov. 5
- Harrisburg School District: Harrisburg High School on Nov. 5
- Harrisburg School District: Weiner Elementary on Nov. 4
- Marked Tree School District: Marked Tree Elementary School on Nov. 18
- Marked Tree School District: Marked Tree High School on Nov. 18
- Trumann School District: Cedar Park Elementary on Oct. 29
- Trumann School District: Trumann High School on Oct. 31
- Trumann School District: Trumann Intermediate School on Oct. 31
The ADH stresses the vaccine is not required for children to attend school; but, it is highly recommended.
Both the nasal mist and shot vaccine will be available this year.
In order to get the vaccine, children must have a signed parental consent form.
If you have insurance, the ADH will ask your insurance company to pay for the cost of giving the vaccine. If you do not have insurance or your insurance company does not pay, the vaccine will be no charge to you.
Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.